Are you a presentation nerd? Do you love graphic design? Can you PowerPoint? Read on!
We’re a young, small, fast-growing presentation creative agency on a mission to rid the world of bad presentations (you know the ones: too wordy, too many bullet points, too long and too snooze-ville!). We believe the root of a great presentation is one that marries Words and Design seamlessly together. That’s why we call ourselves Ink+Iris, because when telling a great visual story, one can’t exist without the other. Check out our Capabilities to learn more about what we do. Beyond unlocking the power of presentations, we also help clients with branding, events, websites and marketing assets.
Our culture can be summed up as simple, adventurous and playful. These three words guide us in everything we do or say, whether it’s by simplifying the over-complicated, being adventurous with new ideas and concepts, or approaching everything with a playful spirit. If that sounds like you, then keep reading!
We’re looking for a Mid-Weight Designer who has experience, talent and a love for designing presentations (e.g. PPT, Keynote, Google Slides, etc), graphic design and branding. You’re passionate about using your creativity and design thinking to help communicate visual stories and solve clients’ problems. You don’t look down at PPT as a lesser design program because you know its potential to unlock the power of visual storytelling for companies – in fact, you might even be as obsessive about it as we are!
As a small, agile and empowering organisation, our designers also manage the A-Z of their projects, from taking initial briefs, communicating with the client, pulling in other team members where necessary to help solve the client’s problem, and sharing final deliverables. We feel that this approach creates the most effective and efficient outcomes. We therefore only want left-brain, right-brain designers (what we like to call “Diagonal Thinkers”) who are creative, strategic and detail-oriented.
On top of this, you’re a problem solver, a doer, a get sh*t done kind of person. You can work fast but you’re a perfectionist, someone who takes pride in everything you do – no matter how big or small the task. You’ve got high EQ and understand how to handle tricky client situations. You’re hungry to learn, you want the opportunity to grow in your role, and to help shape the trajectory of a rising agency. You love it when no two days are the same and when you’re kept on your toes with new briefs, new problems and new solutions. You want to work for a company that embraces diversity, creativity, hard work, curiosity and playfulness. In short, you’re pretty awesome (but humble about it in a Bradley Cooper kind of way).
With a global roster of clients including Bupa, eBay, EY, MediaCom, Salesforce and Snap, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone to fast-track their career, with the opportunity to learn, grow and expand their horizons with a highly ambitious agency.
- Has a minimum of 4+ years of design experience (confident mid-weight)
- Has a strong ability, affinity and passion for PowerPoint
- Has a strong ability, affinity and passion for Brand Concepts, Identity & Design
- Is highly proficient in Photoshop, Indesign and ideally Illustrator
- Has experience with creating print-ready documents and digital assets
- Is both a left-brain/right-brain design thinker (we call this diagonal thinking)
- Has strong attention to detail (we mean it – you just can’t be a big picture-type person) and appreciate design fundamentals, composition and principles. You’re naturally creative.
- Possesses strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Can work well solo or as part of a team
- Is super organised, and can work under time pressures and to deadlines
- Has a sense of humour
- Studied Graphic Design or similar
- Experience with Google Slides and Keynote
- Proficient in MS Word
Your package includes:
- Darlinghurst co-working space, with rooftop terrace
- Onsite gym and showers
- Support and freedom to grow and thrive
- Opportunity to learn from global experience, smart people and clients
- Learning and development opportunities
- Opportunity to fast-track your career
- Competitive salary
Interviewing NOW! If you’re interested, then shoot us your CV, a cover letter that tells us more about you than just your CV, and your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org – we can’t wait to meet you!
NB: Role will be based in Sydney. No agencies please.
If you’re not based in Sydney but still interesting in working with us, we’re always on the lookout for Senior Freelance Presentation Designers so don’t hesitate to drop us a line!