Are you a presentation nerd? Do you love graphic design? Can you PowerPoint? Read on!
We’re a young, small, fast-growing presentation communications agency on a mission to rid the world of poorly told, badly designed presentations (you know the ones: too wordy, too many bullet points, too long and too snooze ville!). We believe the root of a great presentation is one that marries Words and Design seamlessly together. That’s why we call ourselves Ink+Iris, because when telling a great visual story, one can’t exist without the other. Check out our Capabilities to learn more about what we do.
We believe in a culture that focuses on being simple, adventurous and playful. These three words guide us in everything we do or say, whether it’s by simplifying the over-complicated, being adventurous with new ideas and concepts, or approaching everything with a playful spirit. If that sounds like you, then keep reading!
We’re looking for a full-time Junior Designer who has experience and talent in graphic design and designing presentations (e.g. PPT, Keynote, Prezi, Google Slides, etc). You’re a total design nerd who’s passionate about using your creativity to help communicate visual stories and solve clients’ problems. You don’t look down at PPT (one of our main tools) as a lesser design program because you know its potential to unlock the power of visual storytelling for companies – in fact, you’re probably as obsessive about it as we are!
You’re a problem solver, a doer, a get sh*t done kind of person. You can work fast but you’re a perfectionist, someone who takes pride in the quality of your work. You’re hungry to learn, you want the opportunity to grow in your role (up and across), and to help shape the growth of a rising agency. You love it when no two days are the same and when you’re kept on your toes with new briefs, new problems and new solutions. You want to work for a company that embraces diversity, creativity, hard work, curiosity and playfulness. In short, you’re pretty awesome (but humble about it in a Bradley Cooper kind of way).
Specifically, we’re looking for someone who:
- Has a minimum of 12 months of design experience
- Has a strong ability, affinity and passion for PowerPoint
- Is highly proficient in Photoshop, Indesign and ideally Illustrator
- Has experience with creating print-ready documents and digital assets
- Has strong attention to detail (we mean it – you just can’t be a big picture-type person) and appreciate design fundamentals, composition and principles
- Possesses strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Can work well solo or as a team
- Is super organised, and can work under time pressures and to deadlines
- Has a sense of humour
- Studied Graphic Design or similar
- Experience editing WordPress websites
- Experience with Google Slides and Keynote
- Proficient in MS Word
If you’re interested, then shoot us your CV, a cover letter that tells us more about than just your CV, and your portfolio to email@example.com – we can’t wait to meet you!
NB: Role will be based in Sydney. No agencies please.
If you’re not based in Sydney but still interesting in working with us, we’re always on the lookout for Senior Freelance Presentation Designers so don’t hesitate to drop us a line!
UPDATE: This role has now been filled. Thank you for your interest.